Friday, April 26, 2013

Descpriptive Blog


I remember being bombarded with the smell of the ocean water as soon as I stepped out of my car. The light breeze danced along my skin and throughout my hair. I could hear the sound of the waves screaming my name. The moment I had been waiting for all summer had arrived, and I could hardly contain my excitement. I grabbed my boyfriend’s hand, threw off my shoes, and ran to the beach. The ocean was beautiful and stretched out as far as I could see. The sand tickled my toes and guarded my feet from the cool breeze. We stopped right before the water and remained quiet. The sound of the waves crashing took away the need for words.  My skin, hair, and heart were soaking it all in. The weight and worries of Phoenix seemed to be instantly lifted off my shoulders. I suddenly felt revitalized as the water touched my feet. It was so perfect: the overcast clouds, the beautiful view, and Nick standing by my side. In that moment, I was sincerely head over heels content. And this was the most amazing, yet terrifying feeling I had ever felt.  

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful piece I really enjoyed your descriptions. It really takes you there and you can almost feel, see, and hear everything that you wrote. I love the ocean and even though I do not get to see it much I love the content feeling when watching the waves. The beauty of nature overwhelms someone, and can take them away from the hustle of everyday life. I really want to go to the ocean now just from reading this. Overcast is what makes this all more relaxing. Also your picture of you and your boyfriend is so cute you both look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Ali. This is lovely writing, and it makes me want to go to the ocean right away!

    ReplyDelete